Elba Island LNG To Be Fully Operational By Mid-2020
Kinder Morgan said it expects to bring the remaining nine units of its Elba Island LNG export facility in Georgia into service by the first half of 2020, according to a new Reuters report.
The first train from the project began producing LNG for export in September, following approval by the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and is nearing its first cargo export. Startup has been affected by a few delays over the past year, with the most recent coming from the mandatory evacuation of and subsequent inspection of the facility following Hurricane Dorian. Elba Island is expected to have a total liquefaction capacity of approximately 2.5 mtpa from 10 liquefaction units.
Kinder Morgan CEO Steven Kean said in an earnings call that it plans to bring three more trains into service by the end of 2019, with the remaining six coming on stream in 2020.
Shell has a 20-year contract to be the lone buyer of LNG from the Elba Island Facility. Kinder Morgan owns 51% of the project, while investment funds managed by EIG Global Energy Partners make up the remaining 49% interest.
The $2-billion project will use Movable Modular Liquefaction System (MMLS) trains using proprietary technology from Shell. The trains will connect to Kinder Morgan’s existing regasification terminal at Elba Island, which has been modified to receive LNG from the new liquefaction facilities.
BP, Total Sign Supply Deals With ADNOC LNG
ADNOC said the agreements will maximize its access to new markets, effectively booking out the majority of its LNG production through the start of 2022.
Woodside Reaches FID on Pluto-NWS Interconnector Pipeline
The pipeline is the first step in developing the infrastructure needed to transport gas between Pluto LNG and the Karratha Gas Plant in Western Australia. Woodside is targeting 2022 startup.
Partners Advance Newbuild FLNG Vessel Development for Gulf of Mexico Project
Delfin Midstream announced advancements in partnership with Samsung Heavy Industries and Black & Veatch. By re-purposing existing offshore pipelines and building the FLNG vessels at Asian shipyards, the total capital costs are projected to be around $500–550/tpa.
Don't miss out on the latest technology delivered to your email every two weeks. Sign up for the OGF newsletter. If you are not logged in, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click on to confirm you want to receive the newsletter.
06 November 2019
14 November 2019
11 November 2019
12 November 2019