Santos Plans FPSO, Wellhead Platform for Dorado
Santos said that it prefers an FPSO and wellhead platform for its Dorado project offshore Port Hedland, Australia.
At its investor day presentation held on 3 December, Santos released its initial concept select information with respect to the proposed liquids development for the Dorado project. In Phase 1, Santos plans for oil and condensate development followed by future phase of gas export.
Carnarnon, which holds a 20% ownership interest in Dorado (with Santos owning the remaining 80%) said in a statement that the project was currently in the late stages of the concept select phase for the liquids development. The front-end engineering and design (FEED) phase is scheduled to begin early next year. During FEED, the final development and contracting strategy will be selected for key components of the development, like the number of wells and whether the joint venture leases or acquires an appropriate FPSO vessel.
Carnarvon said it has begun early discussions with domestic and international banks who have indicated “strong interest” in financing the majority of its share of the development capital with senior debt. Oil traders have indicated interest in providing structured finance as an additional source of funding to senior debt.
Santos forecast initial oil production from Dorado at somewhere between 75,000 and 100,000 B/D, up from an earlier estimate of 50,000 B/D. It said it expects the development of the field to cost between $1.9 billion and $2.2 billion.
TC Energy Plans To Move Equipment for Keystone XL Preconstruction Work
TC Energy is planning to start mobilizing heavy construction equipment to worker campsites and pipeline storage sites in Montana, South Dakota, and Nebraska in February to start preconstruction work on the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Gazprom Neft Takes Home IPTC’s Top Award For Arctic Megaproject
The Novoportovskoye oil and gas condensate field was discovered in 1964 but left undeveloped for decades due to its remote location on the Yamal Peninsula in Siberia.
Wood To Modify Platforms for Equinor's Floating Wind Project
As part of the contract, Wood will provide the topside modifications needed for the Snorre A and Gullfaks A platforms to integrate the Hywind floating wind park with existing systems powering the facilities. The platforms will be the first to receive electric power from floating wind turbines.
Don't miss out on the latest technology delivered to your email every two weeks. Sign up for the OGF newsletter. If you are not logged in, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click on to confirm you want to receive the newsletter.
15 January 2020
14 January 2020
13 January 2020