TechnipFMC Resumes Move Toward Split
TechnipFMC announced the resumption of activities toward its planned separation into two independent, publicly traded companies: TechnipFMC, a fully integrated technology and services provider, and Technip Energies, a leading engineering and technology player.
The transaction is expected to be structured as a spin-off of a majority stake in TechnipFMC’s Technip Energies segment. The separation is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2021.
“The increased clarity we now have in the market outlook coupled with our demonstrated ability to successfully execute projects in this most challenging period give us confidence to move forward with the separation,” said Doug Pferdehirt, chairman and chief executive officer of TechnipFMC. “We continue to believe this action would allow both businesses to thrive independently within their sectors, enabling each to unlock significant shareholder value.”
Bpifrance, which has been a substantial shareholder of TechnipFMC since 2009, said it is committed to support the transaction and that it intends to invest $200 million in Technip Energies by acquiring shares from TechnipFMC’s retained stake in Technip Energies. Shares received by Bpifrance for the new investment would be in addition to those it will receive as a current shareholder of TechnipFMC. As a result, Bpifrance will become a long-term reference shareholder of Technip Energies.
The company intends to distribute 50.1% of the outstanding shares in Technip Energies to existing TechnipFMC shareholders on a pro rata basis. TechnipFMC will retain ownership of the remaining 49.9% of Technip Energies’ outstanding shares as of the distribution date.
The company said it intends to conduct an orderly sale of its stake in Technip Energies over time. The company further has agreed to a lockup period that expires 60 days from the date of separation.
Technip Energies will be incorporated in the Netherlands, with its headquarters in Paris.
Medical Device Engineering Firm Acquires Oil and Gas Test-System Designer
The two companies have collaborated since 2015 on various projects, but COVID-19 brought Velentium and Oasis Testing together for a unique purpose—to quickly ramp up the manufacturing capacity for critical, life-saving ventilators.
Staged Development Strategy Benefits Smaller Oil Fields
An ATCE presentation outlined how staged field development can help make smaller oil discoveries commercial alongside existing engineering solutions.
Getting Serious About Transformation: Business Unit Changes Aren’t Enough
Deloitte discusses the “great compression” of the oil and gas industry in which companies’ room to maneuver is restricted. How can the industry avoid a talent gap and stop an organizational challenge from becoming a precarious business problem?
Don't miss out on the latest technology delivered to your email every two weeks. Sign up for the OGF newsletter. If you are not logged in, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click on to confirm you want to receive the newsletter.
05 January 2021
08 January 2021
05 January 2021
12 January 2021